I just first want to start off by saying THANK YOU! To every
single person that has taken the time to meet up with me, drive to see me, send
me a letter, pray over me, have coffee with me, supported me, provided last
minute doctor advice, and for all the little details that SO many incredible
people have helped with! One of my favorite things in African villages are the
way they come together and support each other: in sickness, in health, in joy,
and in sorrow. They are always there. I couldn’t be more thankful for my “American
village” these past couple weeks! I truly am blessed!
About a year and a half ago, I boarded a plane to Zambia for
the first time and posted a picture with the statement “This is about to be the
biggest leap of faith that I’ve ever taken. Can’t wait to see what is about to
happen!” I obviously didn’t know what was coming on January 15th at
6:45 am. Tomorrow will be the biggest jump I have taken.
Am I nervous? A little. The unknown is a scary yet beautiful place.
Am I stressed? Well travelling is stressful (especially in Africa),
so yes a little.
Am I overwhelmed? With His love and faithfulness, yes.
Am I sad to say goodbye? Obviously. But they are definitely just “see
you laters.”
Am I excited?! YESSS!!! I can’t wait to call Africa my “home” for a
while.
So for everyone who is worried or scared or nervous for me, don’t
be. I’ve got the GREATEST Travel Buddy around J
But you can feel free to pray for travelling safety and successful layovers and
no missed flights! Talk to you guys soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment