Verse

John 3:18- "Little children, we must not love in word or speech, but in deed and truth."

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Painful Obedience

Want in on a secret? I am not excited to move to Africa. I am not jumping up and down ready to move halfway around the world. I am not packing already or have one foot out the door at work. I have literally sat on the floor crying to my best friend about the move.

“What?” “Is she sure this is where God has asked her to go?” “Maybe she needs to rethink her decision!” “This is a typical 20 year old move. She is just searching for something”
I know… I shouldn’t had said anything. Except I did. Because there’s something I'm slowly beginning to learn about.
Painful Obedience.
Like when God asks you to do something, and you know without a shadow of a doubt that it is what He’s asking. The peace that surpasses all understanding is in every situation. It perfectly aligns with His Word and your heart. Confirmation and the tiniest of details have been provided as a reminder this is HIS will.
But yet you still are kind of shaking in your boots. You still are wanting so badly to hold onto comfort and familiarity and family and friends. You want what everyone else wants for you.
So when the questions flow and the surprised looks and the disapproving comments come, you don’t really have the heart to back it up. Because you know it’s what God has asked you to do. You know the timeframe is right. You know it is His will and HE needs you in Africa.
But yet it’s painful. It’s not easy. It’s not what you selfishly would have picked. Not this timing. Not in this way.
So you put on your boots and give the best answers you can to the thousands of questions coming at you, and you lean on the group of people that encourage you despite how hard it is when times get too difficult. And then you TRUST that HE has a perfect plan for all of this, and despite how painful it is, HE knows best.
Clinging to His Hand,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment