Verse

John 3:18- "Little children, we must not love in word or speech, but in deed and truth."

Thursday, September 3, 2015

On My Knees

It’s been quite a while since I have been able to formulate words in this season of learning so much about myself, Africa, and the heart of Christ. While most of my journaling has turned into prayers, most of my writing has turned into emails and articles for other ministries. It is a different season. One I wasn’t prepared for or expectant of at all.

And it’s during this season that I constantly find myself on my knees. Sometimes on my knees because I can no longer stand, but lately on my knees because I am circling the promises HE has given me and clinging to His faithfulness.

At first I began to get frustrated because quite frankly it’s been almost six months I have been praying for and expecting these promises to come through. And every time they fall through or fail to happen, I want to give up hope. I want to stop believing that they will happen because it’s easier. It’s less painful.

Then I came across this verse a few weeks ago, and it kept popping up in different places for a week until I finally got the point.

“God will make this happen, for He who calls you is faithful.”- 1 Thes 5:24

And then as HE so often does in my life (because I am hard headed and need things repeated sometimes), I received a book from my mom about praying circles around the promises He has laid on my heart. It seemed like every word of that book was something I needed to hear, but one sentence stood out profoundly:

“Take a step of faith when God gives you a vision because you trust that the One who gave you the vision is going to make provision. And for the record, if the vision is from God, it will most definitely be beyond your means.”

All throughout the book were stories of promises HE had given and how HE had fulfilled those promises in HIS perfect timing. And so I found myself on my knees constantly over and over praying circles around these promises.

So far it’s called for an all-nighter praying for someone I barely know, a breakthrough for someone I’ve been circling in prayer for almost two years now, and some pretty impossible miracles waiting to happen.

It’s still a season. The promises still have not been answered. But the expectant hope I am clinging to is absolutely mind blowing… for once I’m starting to believe it when people keep saying “Liz, I believe something great is up ahead for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment