Verse

John 3:18- "Little children, we must not love in word or speech, but in deed and truth."

Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday Madness

This morning I walked into a house with kids running around scrambling to get ready for soccer camp, construction going on downstairs, cleaning ladies working, another child sleeping upstairs, and a mom trying to leave for work while explain to me everything that is going on. And then I understood the phrase... Monday Madness. (not to mention I was wide awake by the time everyone got out the door)

My summer job is quite the change in lifestyle. While in college I was mainly focused on myself, this summer I am a nanny for 3 incredible kids and my life is now focused on them. It's a big change, but it is so worth it :) The "organized chaos" that normally takes place every day constantly reminds me of the peace and comfort I find in Christ during my chaotic life.

So this morning once everything settled down a bit, I started thinking about how amazing it is that in my chaotic life and "gypsy living" this summer, I find peace in the presence of my Savior. I find comfort in His arms. And even when I start to feel homesick or exhausted, He picks me up and shows me His love. And it's in the moments where I am overwhelmed and exhuasted that I see and feel God the most.

I'm extremely blessed with so much in my life, but the moment I start focusing on the mess in my life and take my mind of the blessings is the moment I forget how blessed I am.

So it might be an early Monday morning, but I am ready for the crazy week! And I am more than ready to see God at work in every small detail and moment.

Leaning on Him,

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment