Verse

John 3:18- "Little children, we must not love in word or speech, but in deed and truth."

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

His Love

Lately I have been thinking about how God speaks specifically to me. And these past couple of days I have heard and seen God so much, because I started to see Him through everything. The small and the big things.

I first noticed that God uses LovethruShoes to show me His love. Ironic I guess, but also simply amazing to me. He knows where my heart and passion lie. He knows how much I struggle with control and wanting everything to be perfect, but the moment I broke down and said, “Lord I am not perfect. I am struggling so much, and I literally cannot and do not want to do this anymore,” was the moment I began to see how great He is! It was right after that day, I received a phone call about starting a huge shoe drive, and a couple days after that I received emails and phone calls that made everything with LovethruShoes fall into place. And a couple days ago we found out the shoes have entered Zambia. So here I am clearly seeing how incredible God is through something He is doing through and around me. That completely blows my mind, but also it is so encouraging to know God loves ME that much to speak to me in ways that I will listen and that I will learn best.

The other way God speaks to me and shows me His love is through people. This week I cannot even explain how extremely thankful I am for my best friends, my family, and my sisters on my hall. From the people that just came into my life to people that have been there since birth, God constantly shows me how much He truly cares. It’s in the moments my best friend looks through my smile and "fine" attitude and sees the truth. It’s the phone calls from my brother asking me about life and relationships. It’s the conversations with my sister about Africa and our futures. It’s the love and strength I see in my dad every time I hang out with him. It’s the comfort from my mom and grandma. It’s the random questions about my view on certain things I receive from my best friend miles and miles away. It’s the jokes and laughter me and my roommate share. It’s the joy and love I see through my brother’s girlfriend. It’s the tears and ice cream dates I go on. It’s the professors and staff that say things I needed to hear right then.  In all these people, I see God. I feel God and I experience His love for me.
This past week three main things made me see and feel God at the deepest. The first was when I began to tell my roommate my story and the next morning she sends me a message that I saw God so much through. I have always been so afraid to tell my story, but in those moments after I do tell someone, I see God show up. I hear His voice through those people. I hear the strength that imperfection brings and the amount of love that God has shown me. And then this past weekend I got to see God at work with LovethruShoes. 2,000 shoes and 200 dollars later, I looked in awe at the creator who is using someone like me to help people around the world. And then yesterday God showed me His love through my best friend. From looking me in the face and saying “you’re not fine” to taking me to get ice cream (because let’s face it… Ice cream solves everything :)). She’s there through it all. She sees the struggles I personally have, the incredible things God has done through my life, and the stress and anxiety that is constantly placed in my life. And it’s days like those that I truly saw the love of God through people in my life.
So to put it simply, I am beyond thankful for the intimate ways God chooses to speak to me specifically. It makes me realize that I am His princess and daughter, and it’s in those ways I feel and see His love for me.
Taking it all in,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment